When We Are Closed

After 6.00pm each weekday, at weekends and on Bank Holidays emergencies are dealt with by either Herts Urgent Care (HUC), the local out of hours service provider or by 111.

If you need medical attention during these times please phone 111 who will provide you with telephone advice, access to see a Doctor at the Out of Hours centre at Hinchingbrooke Hospital or a home visit if medically indicated.

We very occasionally close in the afternoon so that the practice team can train together on health matters. At these times emergency cover, provided by HUC is available by telephoning 01487 822230. We advertise these dates at the practice and on our website.   

Do not call the surgery number.   When you call 111 you will be asked to describe the problem in detail so that the duty doctor or triage nurse can be informed. The appropriate professional will then return your call. If you need to see a doctor you will normally be asked to attend the Emergency Treatment Centre at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.

You may be seen by a doctor from your own practice or from another local practice. Whoever deals with the emergency will ensure that the details are passed to your own doctor the next day.

It is worth noting that this service does not have access to your records and is therefore unable to issue routine medication – you should contact the surgery during the working week for all routine medication requests

Please do not ask to see a doctor out of hours unless you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.

Call 999 in an emergency. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.

NHS 111 Online

111 online is a fast and convenient alternative to the 111 phone service and provides an option for people who want to access 111 digitally. 

Your needs will be assessed and you will be given advice about whether you need:

  • Treat yourself at home
  • Go to a Primary Care Centre

If you need face to face medical attention you may be asked to attend a Primary Care Centre.

Click here to access NHS 111 online or call 111 to speak to a staff member.